Terms & Conditions of membership
- Membership fees for FoodFit UK is a monthly fee of £15/Silver Package and £30/Gold Package. Membership fees must be paid in full on a monthly basis by direct debit. The costs of the packages are subject to change, with advanced notification via member’s email address (given at time of registration, unless otherwise updated).
- Upon cancellation or termination of membership, we require 1 weeks’ notice, either via email or through your group mentor. However, should this be within your current direct debit payment, no refunds will be given.
- Upon cancellation or termination of membership you will automatically be unable to attend any group meetings and removed from the Facebook “FoodFit UK’ group.
- Your monthly membership commences from the date of your first paid meeting (first meeting is free). It is the sole responsibility of the member to cancel their direct debit should they not wish to continue attending a FoodFit UK group for any reason. Refunds cannot be given in these circumstances.
- If a member cannot attend the group they are registered to, then they can attend any other FoodFit UK group in the UK (as & when applicable).
- FoodFit UK reserve the right to cancel membership, without refund, if we suspect membership is not for personal use, if involved in any fraudulent or illegal activity, or if any of the FoodFit UK terms and conditions are breached.
- It is the responsibility of the member to ensure there are no medical reasons why they shouldn’t embark upon the FoodFit UK ‘lifestyle’.
- Members with medical concerns (including eating disorders, cancer, liver or kidney problems), those on medication or who are pregnant have a responsibility to check with their GP or Midwife that there are no reasons why they shouldn’t embark upon the FoodFit ‘lifestyle’. This information must also be disclosed at registration.
- FoodFit UK’s services and advice are not to be a substitute for a Doctor or medical specialist’s evaluation or advice.
- The FoodFit UK website, group mentors or anyone else at group sessions cannot give medical advice or diagnosis. Advice and suggestions is not personalised and must be taken at the member’s discretion and member is take full responsibility for their actions.
Privacy, Security & Safety:
- FoodFit UK follow strict security guidelines on the storage and disclosure of personal data required by the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
- You acknowledge that all FoodFit UK materials, both in-group and online is the property of FoodFit and may not be copied in any way.
- Foodfit UK have “group Standards & Guidelines” which must be adhered to at all times. These can be found below.
- FoodFit UK may use your information to inform you of special offers, competitions or marketing material that may be of interest. If you would prefer not to receive this please inform us via email: email@example.com
- We reserve the right to change the Terms & Conditions of Membership at any given time, We will inform our members of the changes via their given email on registration (unless otherwise updated).
Group Standards & Guidelines:
- You must agree not to upload material or act or in a manner which unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable (in our sole discretion);
- You acknowledge that information given whether verbally or through media such as pictures, videos, social media posts, graphics, recipes or ideas are the responsibility of the person issuing them. This also means the person issuing them should take responsibility for his or her comments and have respect for other members.
- FoodFit UK is not liable for any offensive or upsetting material or behaviour that other members or visitors may issue. We do however, ensure that even though this cannot always be rectified immediately, we will remove any upsetting material or persons as and when we see fit.
- FoodFit UK have the right to remove any person from a group or delete content online if they feel that terms of the Group Standards and Guidelines have been breached.
- You must not collect and store personal data of other members at any point.
FoodFit UK ‘Lifestyle’
The FoodFit UK ‘Lifestyle’ is based around the simple principle of having a nutritious, healthy and well-balanced diet. Within the group sessions, members are well informed on healthy food choices and balanced meals. We encourage control over portion sizes, healthy snacking and sensible drinking habits. Manageable exercise is also encouraged in order to improve the members fitness and overall health. The combination of a well-balanced diet and exercise will help the member to reach and maintain a healthy weight going forward.