How was half term for you?
Holidays are always difficult, whether that is school holidays or just time off work. It upsets our natural rhythm and routine and can lead us straight to indulging on snacks and treats and reducing our physical activity!
We have a few tips to keep you on your toes for you next holiday or break from the norm:
- Still get up at your usual time – I know its the holidays but your body will thank you for it when you get back to Monday morning. Your body will probably wake up at the same time anyway, so use this time (if everyone is still asleep, then even better!) to fit in some exercise, meditation or even if its more time in the bath, use it to your advantage.
- Keep up your exercise routine – this may have to alter slightly depending on if you have kids or if you are away from home, but most hotels have gyms and swimming pools so actually you have the advantage to spice up your routine and try something different. If you are at home with the kids – go for walks, have treasure hunts, play games out in the garden or at the park. Use the time you spend with them getting your heart rate up, they will love the interaction and you get the exercise – win win.
- Eating out…..try something you haven’t tried before. If abroad try the local cuisine and fresh seafood. If it is an all you eat buffet, start with a large salad then go for chicken or fish for mains with lots of veggies. Of course enjoy your dessert too.
- If at home with the family, try cooking together. Try a favourite with a twist, such as cauliflower pizza or aubergine lasagne. Getting the kids involved helps interest them in food and nutrition and gives the a good basis for a healthy diet.
Most of all enjoy the break and time spent with loved ones!
Bring on the Easter Holidays!!!
Lillie & Nicola xx
Serial dieter Dawn joined us at the beginning of our FoodFit journey back in May 2017. As a yo-yo dieter and suffering the daily battle of counting calories, Dawn was excited to start FoodFit as a Gold member hoping to learn more about food and exercise but most importantly mindset.
After what has been a life changing 7 months, Dawn has religiously attended our weekly groups, taken part in our challenges and has achieved not only significant weight loss but a fantastic new lifestyle. She now walks regularly with her family, enjoys delicious new recipes each week and is very active within the FoodFit community helping her with accountability but also inspiring others to keep going.
Dawn has had a significant weight loss whilst being a member of FoodFit and what we feel is so promising is that she won’t yo-yo this weight back on. She has changed her approach to food and exercise and continuously lost small amounts each week to achieve her best weight loss to date.
Dawn – we are so so proud of you and even more so that you have been on holiday twice and still stayed in a strong mindset to be healthy and make good choices. You are a fantastic role model for your daughter and also other members.
Thank you for letting us share your journey and here is to fabulous 2018!
Why should you join FoodFit UK? What makes us different from other slimming/dieting groups dominating the market? We will tell you…..
- We say no to diets! As soon as you use the word, your brain goes into rebel mode and instantly feels sad and deprived. We empower members to make their own choices whilst educating and motivating them to be the best possible version of themselves.
- We educate our members not only on food, but also, physical exercise, mindfulness and looking after themselves to encourage a healthy ‘lifestyle’ and step away from emotional eating and stop focusing on the number on the scales.
- Our groups are supportive and inspiring. We add fun exciting topics including motivational speakers, exercise classes plus nutritional advice.
- We have 2 community groups, one in Nantwich and the other in Sandbach PLUS we have an online Nation which is accessible across the world so anyone can join our FoodFit lifestyle.
For more information on our groups and online Nation please click here OR follow us on Facebook to be kept up to date with what we have going on.
We all know how many calories can be consumed on a typical Christmas Day and if you don’t we will tell you. On average it is thought that an adult will consume 6,000 calories – 3 times the National Guidelines for women.
So what can you do to make it easier on the waistband this year?
Here are our 5 top tips for managing Christmas the FoodFit way.
- Don’t skip breakfast – This is the most important meal of the day anyway and it matters even more so today. Having something sustainable in the morning will prevent you from bingeing on unhealthy treats that are found all around such as mince pies, chocolates and stollen. A good tip would be to make it the night before or have it ready so it makes preparation easier.
- Avoid alcohol until at least lunchtime – We all love a Bucks Fizz and thats what makes it Christmas, right? But by consuming alcohol first thing in the morning not only adds to your calorie intake it also goes into your bloodstream quicker and reduces your will power. So resisting those treats becomes even more difficult.
- Reduce your plate size – It may be that the fancy crockery that comes out at this time of year but if you are looking to eat healthier this Christmas, opt for a smaller plate. Also, when filling the plate, put on the meat and vegetables first. This leaves less room for the naughty treats such as the pigs in blankets and stuffing.
- Prepare healthy snacks and desserts – If you have healthy things to nibble on it will be less tempting to reach for the chocolates. Try our Christmas Pudding Bites for a luxury Christmas treat, without the guilt. Also, try swapping your typical cream or ice cream for yogurt or creme fraiche.
- Mindful eating – If you want something tasty and luxurious – have it. But have a smaller portion and think about each mouthful and really enjoy it. ‘Savour the flavour’ as Nicola says!
Have a wonderful Christmas and can’t wait to see you all in the New Year!
Lillie & Nicola x
Joanna has been extremely brave and honest in sharing this testimonial – so thank you so so much!! We hope that it will inspire and encourage others to embark on the FoodFit journey too.
6 weeks ago, Joanna had a life changing operation which had left her house bound during the recovery process. This has meant Joanna has found it hard to be active and get out swimming, something that she thoroughly enjoys. Plus, with a lot more time on her hands it is very easy to eat out of boredom and make poor choices. This is something she has admitted she would have done in the past.
However, during her post-op recovery time she has been keeping up to date with our live video’s and has been an active member of our FoodFit community. Because of this she has thrived on the knowledge that she is receiving which has encouraged her to be mindful of her meals and try some of the recipes we have covered.
One thing that Joanna opened up to us about was that over the years of being a serial dieter, this is the first time she has has lost weight and the first time she hasn’t been on a diet!
What a fantastic achievement for such a fabulous woman – well deserved Joanna and we wish you a very speedy recovery!!
My goodness, what a week it has been!! We are nearly PR’ed out!!
Firstly, we were very lucky to have a fantastic write up in our local paper, The Nantwich Chronicle. Last Wednesday we had nearly a half page spread focusing on the launch of our new group, FoodFit Nation. This is an online support group we set up to help those looking to lose weight and get healthy but lived out with the Nantwich area. We have been overwhelmed by the response and also the support from our members, buying and sharing the paper to get the word out. It is great to have such fantastic people who are also believers in what we are all about.
Secondly, Nicola was approached by local radio station, Cat Radio, to do a pre-recorded broadcast which went live last Friday to all listeners. In the broadcast Nicola discussed our passion behind the business and what makes us different from any other weight-loss support group out there and how to get involved. If you missed out, fear not you can listen right here:
For more information on any of our groups please contact us we would love to hear from you.
What a great start we have had to FoodFit Nantwich!
Our first month has seen a great increase in the numbers of members joining each week, which is incredible and fantastic to see that people are joining us in our vision to ditch the diet!
Over the last 4 weeks we have seen a great loss each week, with an incredible 10 stone being lost over the members of the group that have chosen to weigh-in. Our members are delighted and are on-board with a sensible and steady weight-loss through healthy eating and increasing their activity levels.
We currently have a members challenge running for the month of June. This is to increase physical activity amongst members, with the key competition being themselves. Each member is required to fill in a log of their activity over the month and the winner will be the member that we feel has improved and increased activity levels over the duration.
The winner will receive an exciting prize and will be announced Wednesday 5th July!
If you would like to come and find out what FoodFit UK is all about your first session is absolutely FREE! Please get in touch.